Social media marketing is a fairly new concept, but one that any business can benefit from. More and more, people are turning toward social media sites like Facebook and Twitter as a way to connect with family and friends, but also to keep updated on their favorite brands and businesses. While Facebook is in many ways still geared toward staying connected with friends, Twitter is a favorite website for business professionals and even celebrities to interact with their followers.
Here are some simple tips for improving your site’s traffic using Twitter.
1. Keep your site URL in your bio. This way, anyone who finds you can easily locate your website.
2. Tweet regularly. The more active your Twitter page, the more likely that people will find you. There are several apps that allow you to write tweets in advance and have them posted automatically throughout the day.
3. Join the conversation. Rather than using Twitter as a one-way advertisement tool, join in discussions relevant to your topic. Link to blog posts or websites that relate to the discussion.
4. Follow people with similar interests. Search for users who are interested in your niche and follow them; chat with them regularly and click their links. They will do the same to you.
5. Add a “Tweet this” feature to every blog post or site page so that your visitors can share your information with their own followers.
6. Hold a contest over Twitter. Participants can visit your site for more details, but make the actual contest take place in re-tweets; this will drive a lot of interest to your Twitter profile.
7. Use Twitter to find guest bloggers or other professionals. They will be interested in promoting themselves through their own channels, allowing your post to get double coverage. You’ll also get great content for your site.
8. Spark a conversation. Rather than just stating your message, ask your followers questions. They’ll become engaged with your discussion, and their followers might come investigate what all the fuss is about.
9. Share other people’s links, not just your own. If you find something relevant to your niche, share it with your followers. They will be interested in the information, and it makes you look more friendly and less like you’re only trying to promote yourself.
10. Be friendly. People like social media marketing because it makes them feel like they are genuinely connected to the people they follow. Be warm, genuine, and helpful, and your followers will multiply.